Saturday, April 19, 2008

Now with photos!

The camera had batteries, my photographer (kid brother, who really was cranky about being the photographer) was around, so, photos!

Outfit 2


This is outfit 2. The skirt, I've reviewed before, here. The top is Simplicity 4076. I've made this t-shirt before and reviewed it here. No updates to add, this is an easy, basic, and oh-so-wearable t-shirt that I will reach for again and again on my wardrobe.

Outfit 3



BWOF 03-2008-110 top, Simplicity 3962.

This top was the sleeveless version of BWOF's illustrated pattern of the month. Simple in construction, until you come to the center band, which was incomprehensible to me, with or without pictures. In the end, I looked at the pictures of the finished top in the magazine, Christina's review and muddled through. Also, I raised the neckline an inch after cutting, at the shoulder seam (since I forgot to do it before.)

Close-up of top



Outfit 4


Outfit 5


Outfit 6



Same tops, the skirt is Simplicity 3631. This skirt! Sheesh. Honestly, this skirt had what, under 10 seams? I must have ripped each seam atleast once. There are some projects which feel jinxed from the start. This was one. End result. I still have a bit of ripping to do. I need to redo the lining, since the fabric I used was a bit thicker, and just feels really heavy for this skirt. So, got to fix that, but I will only at the end, once I finish the other items in the wardrobe, if I still have time.

So, status update, I'll get done, but barely.

Finished:

Top - McCall 4923
Top - Simplicity 4076
Skirt - Simplicity 3962
Top - BWOF 03-2008-110
Skirt - Simplicity 3631 (ok, bit optimistic to put it here, but anyway.)

In varying stages of construction:

Jacket - BWOF 03-2008-117
Pants - Simplicity 4135
Top - Butterick 4985

Worrying me, since they are completely uncut:

Skirt - BWOF 03-2008-114 (untraced too, eek!)
The bag!!!! Eeek again.

3 comments:

loopylulu said...

Looking good! I think you can get it done, sew, sew, sew!

Tany said...

You have done a wonderful job! Keep up the good work!

African Kelli said...

Reethi! Look at you go! I am super proud of you and your sewing abilities. Nicely done!