Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Random things about me

Dawn tagged me a while back, and I've finally got around to doing this.

The rules: Link your tagger and list these rules on your blog. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

1. Its very hard for me to actually finish a sewing project. Part of it is that I'm a procrastinator, the other part is that I only tend to be interested until first fitting. Once I see how the garment will look on me, that's it. Not very interested any more. And it doesn't matter whether the garment looks good or not.

2. I'm vegetarian. (I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before.) I grew up vegetarian, my parents, grand-parents, uncles, aunts all are vegetarian (this is pretty common in India.) I've only tasted meat by mistake (Pizza Hut, I'm hating you.)

3. I'm in a pool league. (Pool like billiards, not pool like swimming.) Its a lot of fun, but it pretty much sucks up an entire evening a week. (And puts me in bars where I'm very tempted to eat fries. Mmm. Fries, so yummy, so bad for me.)

4. Related to above, I can't swim. In fact, I've a phobia about putting my face under the water.

5. I like to make a huge production of my birthday. Not in the 'buy-presents-for-me' way, but in the must-spend-day-with-family-and-friends way. Last year, I took the day off work, went out for lunch with a friend, went thrifting all afternoon, hung out in a bookstore, and went out for dinner with more friends. It was such a fun day!

6. I've seen Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade over 10 times. I can recite whole portions of the movie. (Yes, this is sad.)

7. I once killed a cactus. No green thumb whatsoever.

Since I like pictures, and posts without pictures are a bit boring, here's one of me pretending to stab my birthday cake last year. Yes, I'm strange.



I'm not tagging anyone, but if you want to, please feel free to play!

1 comment:

cidell said...

Fries are my weakness and I didn't put my head underwater until college.