Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Endless Combinations - piece 1

I'm entering the Endless Combinations contest at Pattern Review. (I need winter clothes!)

The first piece - Simplicity 2938 - view B.




I used a blue and cream cotton that was a remnant I bought a few months ago. I actually really wanted to use the remnant to make this pattern, and I've only gotten around to it 6 months later - that's not terrible!

I cut this out last night, finished it this evening. I'm on fire!

I've made the dress version of this pattern, so this top went together incredibly easily. I didn't read the instructions at all. I made a size 10 at the top, widening to a 12 at waist and hip. Took 2 inches off the torso, so the waist hits at my natural waist - which I have to do on all big 4 patterns.

And yay! I love this top! It fits, looks good, and I can use it in many combinations. I'm all excited now.

2 comments:

elbereth said...

Your top looks great! It's going to be a good piece to have. I loved your "on fire" comment! That's awesome! You go!

The family Ashcroft said...

Just wanted to say 'I love your blog" I found it via pattern review and just love the stuff you have made. The last post about the jacket made me laugh. You sound just like me. Put it in the wardrobe and get it out in a couple of months and it will have grown on you I am sure. The colour is great!