Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Mini Project Week - Monday - Using up remnants, with a little help from Anthropologie



More inspiration from Anthropologie, this time, this pretty scarf, which is actually fairly reasonably priced at C$21. Still, I did have all the ingredients at home...

Summerset commented about me already having supplies, but that's actually the big inspiration for this week. I have a lot of supplies sitting around, and I'm trying to use it or lose it. It does not help that I'm a packrat, and parting with anything feels like heartbreak (see this project, for example).

The fabric is a very sheer synthetic chiffon-type, left over from a sewing project (another 2-year old UFO, which I should make a note to finish), the trim I bought over a year ago at a thrift store in Michigan for 40c. Simple hemming, and sewing the hem on - about 30 minutes of work, tops.

And the result is that I have a fun summer accessory, and I've used up a tiny, minuscule portion of the supplies. Win-win.

4 comments:

Denise said...

What a cute idea! And the trim matches the fabric perfectly. Must try that.

Chicago Sarah said...

That's a lovely scarf and you look fabulous in the picture!!! ps thanks for the bias trim pj tip, I am going to use it soon :)

Summerset said...

Looks great - these mini projects are really cute and easy.

Melissa said...

Totally fab scarf! Anthropolgy again...I have to start copying them. Love it!