Monday, March 15, 2010

Saint Patrick Day's dress - progress report

It is looking good. (Knock on wood.)

St. Patrick's Day is almost a religious holiday for someone who drinks as much beer as I do, and clearly, this is a deadline that motivates me.

So far:

- The dress and lining are cut out.
- All the darts are sewn, both in the green fabric, and in the lining (a task I usually procrastinate on, and hate doing.)
- The bodice on the green fabric is sewn, the bodice on the lining - mostly so.

So tomorrow - I'll have to:

- Sew the skirt, both green fabric & lining. (The skirt has pockets, a tiny complicating factor.)
- Attach bodice to skirt.
- Attach bodice to bodice lining.
- Attach sleeves.
- Attach zipper.
- Hem.

That seems very doable. (Well, I hate hemming, but that's the worst thing in this list.)

And, if you haven't seen this Guinness commercial before, I think this might be my all-time favorite commercial.

No comments: