Thursday, March 18, 2010

Up next - a skirt from stolen fabric

That sounds pretty terrible, doesn't it?

When I was in New York a couple of weekends ago, I rooted through my cousin's stash. I was trying to give her quilt ideas (which I did, in my defense.) I also spotted this incredibly beautiful silk, a scrap from a sari, I think.

I promptly told her I was taking it, and stuffed it into my luggage before she had a chance to protest.

(She doesn't sew, what does she need it for? I was liberating it, not stealing it.)

(Ok, fine. I'm evil. I admit this.)

But seriously, look how pretty!



In a pretty dramatic twist, this is already on my cutting table. I'm making Simplicity 2512, the Cynthia Rowley skirt.

I've barely any fabric, so facings are most likely going to be with different fabric, as are pockets. I'm hoping to finish cutting this tonight, and make it up tomorrow evening.

1 comment:

Rose said...

Lovely fabric! I think that after you finish the skirt, you should wear it when you next visit your cousin..... :)

Rose in SV