Sunday, April 04, 2010

Long weekend cooking

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

I didn't do much sewing this weekend (but did finish up the shirt, photos tomorrow...) But I certainly did a lot of cooking.

First, two South Indian breakfasts. I only get a chance to eat breakfast on weekends, but I love making breakfast - there's something about cooking, while drinking a cup of coffee that feels really relaxing to me.

Saturday, April 3, 2010 Breakfast: Uppama with South-Indian coconut chutney


Sunday, April 4, 2010 Breakfast: Rice-flour dosas with mustard seeds and black pepper (with South-Indian coconut chutney again)


And then, the rest. I've rice and sprouted-beans to last me through the week. These two recipes take forever to make - I sprouted the beans myself. Started soaking on Friday, finished making up the dish Sunday night. Insane!

April 2, 2010 - Ek handi na dal chaval (Rice and dal, cooked in one pot)


April 4, 2010 - Sprouted mung beans cooked with mustard seeds


April 3, 2010 - Dry North Indian Dip

I also made eggs pulusu, and while eating it, ran into my first major hurdle with this project. I can't abide hard-boiled eggs. I grew up vegetarian, and I've only very recently started eating eggs. I like them scrambled, and I like omelettes, but that's it. So, I choked down my eggs pulusu, but I might have to skip the hard-boiled egg recipes. (Not to mention the quail eggs recipes - quail, really?)

April 3, 2010 - Eggs pulusu

No comments: