Sunday, May 02, 2010

Me-Made-May - Day 1



I wore this dress for Me-Made-May day 1. All I had to do today was meet some friends for drinks in the evening. This dress fit the bill just fine.

The odd thing - I wore this dress, and I immediately focused on the fact that the back is quite puffy. (The back bodice has pleats, and this causes it to stick out rather funnily. I'll change them to darts the next time I make them.) And that the bodice has a seam in it, and doesn't have as many flowers, since I'd made a mistake cutting, and didn't cut the center front on the fold.

However, I got a ton of compliments on this dress, and a lot of them were from people that had no idea I'd made this dress. So go figure. I think we just focus on the flaws as sewists, when other people are looking at the fun print, or something.

Off to find something to wear now.

1 comment:

SEWN said...

I know what you mean. I think non-sewists almost exclusively only notice the prints. But I do think the dress is cute!