Wednesday, June 02, 2010

May Cooking Round-up

Read more here about the Madhur Jaffrey project - one of my 2010 goals. For an index of recipes, click here.

Like I said, May was a terrible cooking month. I barely cooked, which has the unexpected benefit of making this post relatively easy to write.

May 2, 2010 Cooking: In sequence, Stir-fried asparagus flavored with sesame oil; Chickpea and tomato stew; Sawsawang kamatis (Filipino tomato salad); Korean-style cucumber salad





May 3, 2010 Breakfast: Sauteed bean curd, with Korean dipping sauce number 2


I woke up early one morning, and made some food - both the stir-fried bitter melon, and the salad of mung-bean sprouts and egg strands. I then proceeded to eat the salad for breakfast, which sounds weird, but was delicious.

May 7, 2010: In sequence, stir-fried bitter melon; salad of mung-bean sprouts and egg strands



I had a potluck for Mother's Day, and I actually made my mother cook. Am I a horrible daughter? Still, I did cook. I made a bunch of Indian food.

I'm South Indian, and was especially curious about how the potatoes and sambar would taste. Pretty credible - I'm impressed to note. The sambar isn't quite the way I'd make it, but it was pretty tasty.

Potluck Brunch May 9, 2010: In sequence, Very spicy, delicious chickpeas; Potatoes and onions; Sambar




This is what my friend Anna thought of the food. :)


May 24, 2010 cooking for the week: In sequence, Green beans with onion, garlic and tomato; Bean curd with broccoli

No comments: