Monday, June 28, 2010

A very important anniversary

Three years ago, I made my first skirt. My zipper didn't meet neatly at the top, but it was wearable, and got me started on this amazing journey.

Not exactly to commemorate this event, but I'm making a skirt right now. I'm using the Simplicity 4236 pattern, and, inspired by PR Montreal, and the many discussions I had with people there - I'm even finishing all my interior seams.

The first three years of sewing has been mostly about quantity. I sewed a lot - all of it fast and easy and sloppy. My goal for the next three - to be as impeccable as I know how.

(Yes, I know I still owe pictures of the cocktail dress. June was a crazy whirlwind - I was out of town three weekends, and have barely been at home the remaining time. July promises to be saner, so pictures will be posted soon.)

1 comment:

Summerset said...

Congratulations! You're doing a great job - you wear the things you make and that says a lot. Keep working at it - it just takes practice.