Monday, July 12, 2010

On my bed today...



My aunt, uncle and cousins were in town this week, and my aunt and uncle brought back this quilt, all quilted up. They also brought me this Jewel Box Quilt.

Back in February, my aunt showed me a newly completed Jewel Box quilt top that she'd made, and I thought it was simply lovely. I asked her what she was planning on doing with it, and I said that if she intended to put it on eBay, that I wanted it instead.

Actually, my exact words were - If you are planning on putting it on eBay and making *@#*& $25, I want it instead.

(My aunt is more interested in the process of quilting, rather than the quilt itself. While I'm a lazy quilter, and want quick and easy results, she takes on technically challenging projects and really enjoys the journey. So, when she's done with the quilt top, she isn't as interested in hanging on to it, and so it goes on eBay. And in this recessionary market, quilt tops unfortunately don't always sell for very much money.)

So, my aunt got the top quilted, and brought it for me. It entered my house last night, and was promptly laid out on the bed. I love presents! And look how pretty!

And a certain somebody approves...

2 comments:

anuradha said...

WOW!It looks FABULOUS!A certain somebody looks very CUTE!!What a life!

Summerset said...

LOL. Yes, you know it is good when the cat approves!