Sunday, April 15, 2012

I have a hoodie!

Dear readers, I'm quite excited - look, I have a hoodie! It's remarkably practical, I can wear it every day, how very sensible of me. I'm quite surprised at myself.


The pattern is McCalls 4261. I thought the order of construction was pretty silly - everything left the raw edge visible, there was a yoke that was overlaid over the front shoulder, and all kinds of other silliness. I ignored most of the instructions, omitted the yoke entirely, and looked at an RTW hoodie of mine for sewing clues.



I would change a couple of things the next time I make this.
- I didn't interface the center front, I would. I think an interfaced front would hold up to the weight of the zipper better.
- The top-stitching on my pockets are seriously wonky - again, interfacing and tracing out the pocket attachment line would have helped greatly. Next time, will do so.
- Oh, and I'm going to adjust the height of the hood - this one is too big, I think?

And yes, of course there's going to be a next time! Hoodies are cool.


4 comments:

anuradha said...

WOW!Looks GREAT!Practical sewing at last.....ha ha

AllisonC said...

Great hoodie, wow just think now you have a hoodie TNT pattern!

Clio said...

Awesome! Practical and cute!

cidell said...

Hmmm. I may have to check this out. It seems so practical and useful.