Sunday, February 10, 2013

A matter of semantics

Please ignore the daft look on my face, my paint-spattered jeans, and my ridiculous pink flip-flops. There was something going cooking on the stove behind me, and I was afraid it would boil over - leaving me time for the quickest photo ever!

So, this is another Burda 11-2012-136A top. (My first one here.) I cut it out in 2012, and finally finished stitching it up a week or so ago.

In my mind, this doesn't count for the Stashbusting Sewalong, which is fine - seems reasonable, blah blah, blah.

On the other hand, I'm evidently an idiot - because here's what my pledge reads:

I commit to using 25 pieces of stash fabric in 2013. I also commit to buying new fabric only if I will use it up right away.

Not 25 garments. 25 pieces of stash fabric. Which means the fabric must be used to a point where no other garments are possible with what's left. (The leggings therefore now don't count as a full use, since I think I can eke out a tank top from the rest.)

Stupid, stupid Reethi. Way to make your life extra hard. :)


Lynn (YSG!) said...

Bah. Write another pledge and have some chocolate. =)

seamrippedblog said...

Yikes! I'm a chronic fabric over estimator (I like to buy enough to have insurance in case I mess up), so your challenge would be the death of me. So brave! On the other hand, by the end of the year it'll be as if you made a designer collection.

Gillian said...

Hey Reethi, could you send me an email at so that we can email you details about the meetup? Thanks! (Unless I already ask you to and you did... in which case I'd better search my inbox better!)

Clio said...

If you really want to get technical about semantics, you didn't say "complete pieces of fabric as cut in the stash". So, from my point of view, 2 yards of a 4 yard cut would be "a piece of fabric".

West Coast Boomer said...

you hsve such a great smile. If you hadn't mentioned the flip flops - - I would never have noticed them/ However if it is any consolation...they DO seem to match your top!mmicsy